With every new year comes an important question that we all need to ask ourselves: How will I choose to live my life and spend my time?
Mindfulness is a therapeutic technique achieved by learning to focus one’s awareness on the present.
One of the most important things that we can do to create mindfulness is to remember these two words: Moderation and balance.
Simple tips to create mindfulness:
- Unplug—take a break from cell phones and electronics.
- Get moving—walk briskly while taking in the beauty of nature.
- Healthy eating—make one small healthy change each day.
- Socialize—call a friend and plan a fun outing.
- Laugh—watch a comical movie or show.
- Journal—create an “attitude of gratitude” by jotting down something positive each day.
- Self-talk—Are you kind to yourself or overly critical? When critical, catch yourself and change the message to one that is more positive.
- Visualize—imagine yourself accomplishing even the smallest personal goal.
- Spirituality—church services, prayer, yoga, meditation
Making a commitment to focus more on the present through mindfulness can lead to a happier, healthier 2018! If you have additional questions about mindfulness and mental health, please contact us. We are happy to help!
Looking to retire where you know your health and wellness will be a priority? As you look towards retirement, consider The Vista, a Continuing Care Retirement Community. The Vista will offer a range of programs and amenities to engage, entertain, and inspire you. Hurry, secure your future with The Vista before January 18, 2019 and become a Vantage Club member with exclusive benefits that include priority access and multiple discounts on your retirement housing. For more information, please contact us today.
Call (201) 848-4200 or click learn more below for more information about The Vista and the benefits of securing your retirement future before January 18, 2019.