In addition to beautiful apartment homes, on-site dining, and breathtaking views, The Vista, our premier continuing care retirement community, boasts a versatile and extensive schedule of fitness programs and wellness classes to keep residents active, healthy, and vibrant.
“Exercise classes give residents a reason to get up, get out, and get exercise,” said Ellen DeBel, Wellness Coordinator at The Vista. “It also offers an opportunity for socialization. Every time they come to a class, it’s about more than getting physically fit – it’s about seeing and interacting with their neighbors.”
New Classes with Valley Lifestyles
The Vista is excited to announce our new partnership with Valley Health Lifestyles, Valley Health Systems’ state-of-the-art fitness center. We are adding three new classes to the roster at The Vista – Senior Fitness, Zumba Gold, and Yoga – led by Valley Lifestyles’ expert instructors.
“This is a great benefit for Vista residents because these instructors have so much expertise,” said Ellen. “We’re bringing in people that are specifically trained to teach exercise and wellness classes.”
Senior Fitness: This fun and energetic class features low-impact cardio combined with exercises to increase strength, flexibility, balance, and stamina. Easy-to-follow movements improve coordination, the use of light weights builds strength, and a thorough stretch increases flexibility.
Zumba Gold: This low-intensity Zumba workout uses dance moves to improve balance, range of motion, and coordination.
Yoga: A moderately paced yoga workout, this class features strengthening poses and focused breathing to help you improve your balance, boost flexibility and stability, and increase strength, as well as relax and find your center.
Other Classes at The Vista
- Circuit Training: A small-group class using fitness equipment in the Flex Gym to improve strength and endurance
- Chair Exercise: A completely seated, chair-based program designed to improve flexibility, strength, and endurance for all major muscle groups
- Aqua Exercise: A gentle, body-weight-supported strength and conditioning class appropriate for all fitness levels
- Movement as Medicine: A class combining balance with stretching and breath awareness to improve ease of movement and posture and promote overall well-being
- Morning Moves: Start your day with 30 to 45 minutes of seated and/or standing movements.
- Meditation: A guided practice that teaches you to move into stillness with breath, mantra, and mindfulness
Learn More About Life at The Vista
If you think an inspired, active lifestyle in a community like The Vista is right for you, we would love to tell you more. To learn more about life in one of northern New Jersey’s newest continuing care retirement communities, please call (201) 848-4200 or visit https://thevista.org/contact/.